View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #27
msjodi777
msjodi777 began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch
One of the reasons I joined this forum, was to find out how to let my iTouch's Kindle app know that I had downloaded a Kindle book from Project Gutenberg. I downloaded it to my computer, connected my Touch to my computer with the USB, and tried to drag the downloaded file to iTunes... iTunes didn't like it!... I then downloaded Caliber, and was able to get the mobi files to iTunes, but the Kindle app still can't find them... grrrr... I really don't mind using iBooks, but I think I was hoping to be able to read all my books in the Kindle app...

I suppose, what I am asking now, is: Is Amazon the only place I can download Kindle books? Don't think I will like that if it is true... If I can use the books I downloaded from Project Gutenberg, would someone please tell me how I get my Kindle app to recognize that I have one of those on my Touch? I do apologize for asking such basic "dummie" type questions, but this has me completely flummoxed... that's what I get for being a fat old broad trying to understand a young person's technology... sigh... Thanks to anyone who has any words of wisdom. <><
msjodi777 is offline   Reply With Quote