View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbs29 View Post
Thankyou for your reply.
I do, however, prefer to use collections, which I have done all along and the ones I set previously are still on my Kobo.
I followed meticulously the instructions in the wiki page and customised both Kobo drivers, either separately or together but it made no difference.
I edit metadata for all the books in bulk, including setting Custom metadata to the series name (checking afterwards), select books and send to device. Only the last book is transferred and give the name #myshelves,series.epub. No other files, author or collection are on the Kobo.
What I was trying to say, the image you showed was for the Kobo driver (for old non-touch devices). The section you were placing your collections information into is the one used for generating the directory/filename when saving to your device. Which would save all your books with collection & series as the filename. This is going cause issues as duplicate filenames are overwritten so only the last book with that name would be seen -- does that sound familiar?

The images I posted were from the KoboTouch driver interface with the first image showing the save information. The second image for the Collections, Covers & Uploads tab is where you would place collection information. As I said, I don't use collections so I leave that space blank but I was attempting to point you at the location where you should have been placing the collection information.

For me, it is a lot faster and fewer taps to do a search than to page through page after page of collections and then through the books in a collection. For instance, I have 360 books with the series tag Cooking. Obviously, YMMV.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-27-2018 at 09:30 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote