View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Read The Machine Stops if you want a startlingly accurate prediction of the future -- and one of a very few stories that predicted the Internet, especially its social nature. Now reflect on the fact that it was written over a hundred years ago.
Thanks for the link, I just sent it to my Kindle.

I'll reserve judgment until reading it of course, but going only by the description on the linked page...startlingly accurate? I don't recall worshiping any god-machines recently. I mean, I like my Kindle, but....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote