View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Not necessarily. Tablet based magazines just need to be in a format that is more re-scalable to screen sizes.

I should have said I'd love to see magazines made specifically for tablets rather than the iPad--as that's what I meant.

Be more like websites and not just essentially PDFs of the print version that are fixed to a certain size.

As there will never be a standard screen size for tablets, so publishers will have to find a way to do layouts that can work on a variety of screen sizes.
I don't know if you get them in the states, but certainly in the uk you often have magazines producing a normal edition and a pocket-sized version and the layouts seem fine even on the magazine that is half the size of the other.

Quote:
And then add in things like in article videos etc.--great for news magazines, movie/tv/video game magazines etc.

Again, I just have little interest in digital reproductions of print magazines which I've quit reading already anyway. Take advantage of the tablet form, and they can get my business back. Once I have a tablet of course!
I am happy to see enhanced content, but if you aren't actually interested enough in the content to consider buying the paper magazine then enhanced presentation probably isn't going to be enough to win people back.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote