View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
My son has some learning difficulties that make him a slow and painful reader. We got him a Kindle for Christmas last year, and he read more in the first 5 months of having it than he had the entire 2 years previously. (He's stopped somewhat now, because he's got some new computer games - when that gloss wears off, I hope he'll pick up the kindle again.)
Some of that reading might also be due to the newness of the reader, but I agree that readers like the Kindle do make it easier to read in that they make carrying a book with you simpler. 8 ounces of Kindle is easier to carry than a thick and heavy paper book, and one size fits all when it comes to carrying it in a pocket.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote