View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Exclamation [EE] Interesting happening

A few days ago my EE got stuck, e.g. became unresponsive. No functions would work, apps would not start, etc. This has happened before; so holding in the button on the side forced the EE to shutdown.

Waiting 5 minutes or so and restarted. The LCD screen activated with the animated dots, BUT the screen animation was UPSIDE down. The sequence finished successfully, though. As I had initiated a forced shutdown, I now conducted a normal shutdown.

Again waited 5 or so minutes and restarted. All conditions normal, e.g. LCD right side up. However most of the settings for widgets, shortcuts and menus were either missing or changed. Spent time redoing all settings to return to normal use.

Prior to the EE being responsive I had synced with my laptop to calibre. I believe I ejected properly using the function in calibre, which is my normal way. I did also remove the SD card from the EE, but realized I physically removed the card without unmounting it.

Moral of this story use the correct procedure for unmounting/mounting SD cards and ensure to disconnect the USB properly.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote