View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I can see where pictures and "extra" might do well for kids book or for books read on an ebook reader with a larger and more spectacular screen (like we keep hoping to see from a new display technology sometime).

I can also think of a handful of books that were non-fiction stories that had a few pictures so you could see the real event and the real people involved. That would be nice.

But for almost all the books I read, all I want is the text, and it's an uneccessary but pleasant bonus to get some formatting to make headings/chapter breaks clear, some formatting for italics and bold if necessary, and maybe even some hyperlinks if the material suggests it.

Basically I guess I'm with rlauzon... text only is just fine. Why does a novel need pictures?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote