View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #232
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I have an HTC Magic "MyTouch3g", and a Eken M002. The Mytouch has Cyanogenmod 6.1.0, but I've had all the other available versions on it before, as well as OpenEclair. The Eken, I have the SlateDroid Mercury beta, and have previously had the factory roms on as well. On either one, I plug it in to a USB cable, and in the status bar I will get an open for debug mode or USB storage, because I have dev mode enabled. When I don't, it just gives me the option for USB storage. I select it, and it gives me that basic screen, to mount or not.

On a friend's G2, he just plugs in and it gets that screen automatically
I've never seen it. I actually went googling for it and found some info on android 2.2 upgrade and people complaining about it. I've never seen it on my DroidX or Xoom (or in any of the emulators -- but that may not be relevant).

Yeah I get the USB connected whether I have debug on or off but never that screen or any variant of it.

I just tried it with DroidX. No such screen either way. Now if I pull down the USB connected Status I do get a screen that controls the USB connection with four choices: PC Mode Windows Media Sync USB Mass Storage or Charge Only. I suppose this is the equivalent screen but it does not pop up automatically.

On the Xoom there is not even a notification (perhaps because charging is not through USB)

And it is no where close to the image posted above. Fact is with any linux based o/s you would need this sort of thing when you connect via usb. It's more of a Linux thing than an android thing.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-14-2011 at 06:37 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote