Thread: Electron Mills?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Speaking as one of the people clogging the internet up with unpublishable crap, I don't understand why anyone would want to use a company like that? Think it, write it, publish it. Why add anyone else into the equation? If you want the "prestige" of having someone else publish it, get a family member to set up a "publishing company", nobody will know the difference. If you're really too clueless to upload it to Smashwords or wherever yourself, find someone who will do it for a small one-off fee.
That's what I was thinking. I think these electronic mills are much less of a problem (for quality control purposes) than the fact that anyone can upload a file and publish themselves. Don't get me wrong: I've self-published on Amazon and I'm not going to say it's all crap, but if you're concerned about the gatekeepers not keeping the gates, self-publishing e-books is a bigger danger.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote