View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #14
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
350 Euro?
PHEW!!!
350 Euro is almost 500 Dollars!
Come on ...
Even with the 19.6% VAT the $350 price becomes $418,6
... and do not try to tell me the difference is in the European 2 year warranty.
A two year service plan for Sony Reader at sonystyle.com costs whooping 25 bucks!
That would make the price $443.6
We are still being ripped for almost 60 bucks!

I know, I know ...
I am beating that dead horse again
I can't help myself when I see such a balant ripoff.

I am really sick and tired.
And I suspect that manufacturers abuse our VAT and longer warranty as an excuse to rip us off. Whatever you buy here in Europe - from iPod, iMac, e-ink reader to Kitchenaid kitchen appliance is much more expensive than in the USA.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote