View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 01:09 PM   #20
ondrian
ondrian began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdiy View Post
There are multiple issues with old sunxi-tools tutorials because the eGON format (version 4.0) has changed. The sunxi-package stuff is parsed by allwinner's modified uboot in lieu of its own classic dtb.

That makes going through that route a bit awkward. I've managed to fire this "native" uboot up by just burning it to memory via fel write/exec (turns out you don't need egon SPL on newer allwinners, as by the time you get to fel, DRAM is already configured, no more 32k sram limit).

Most crucially, it's possible to fire swupdate binary this way (and debrick your device if you seriously hose mmc0).
Hi,
a botched update bricked my device - update errors with 'md5 sum mismatch'. Trying to fix it, I came across this thread.

My idea is to boot via usb to access the internal memory and delete the broken SWUPDATE.BIN file.

I managed to get to the FEL mode:

Code:
$ sunxi-fel ver                                                                                                                                                                      
AWUSBFEX soc=00001699(B288) 00000001 ver=0001 44 08 scratchpad=00007e00 00000000 00000000
and I complied u-boot binary accoring to https://linux-sunxi.org/FEL/USBBoot#...-Boot_over_USB
Code:
$ make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- Cubietruck_defconfig
$ make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j$(nproc)
However, when I try to boot over usb, I get errors

Code:
$ sunxi-fel uboot u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin
usb_bulk_send() ERROR -1: Input/Output Error
or

Code:
$ sunxi-fel uboot u-boot.bin
SPL: eGON header is not found
Thanks a lot for any help
ondrian is offline   Reply With Quote