View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
. . . I would be interested in the views of others.
I wonder if the OPs perception that Enter would open a cell for edit in pre 3.13 calibre is in fact correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfki View Post
I used to be able to highlight a field in Calibre and press Enter to edit the field but it seems to have stopped working.
I have a pristine copy of calibre 3.7 portable at my fingertips, and I can't find a way to make Enter do that. Single mouse click will do it, providing doubleclick_on_library_view is set to open_viewer.

Re belittlement: see my comment on that issue in the Plugin Ideas thread.

Aside: remember the taskbar icons issue?

For a while, when I ran calibre portable it would 'use' my pinned icon (to 64bit calibre.exe) which I didn't like. But recently I've noticed that it's reverted to putting a separate icon at the end of the taskbar, leaving the pinned icon in an inactive state, which was always my preferred behaviour.

In my reality, installed and portable calibre are not the same application by a long chalk. So what changed - calibre of course, couple of Windows update cycles and my Taskbar tweaker gadget.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-02-2017 at 09:51 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote