View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #10
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Budget sounds important to you. For the very best bang-for-your buck, I recommend a Nook ST (non-lighted). A lot if what has been said re: the Nook above is inaccurate.

The Nook ST has an micro SD-card slot, so that gets around the limit to available memory for non-Nook books. The micro SD-card slot will add a maximum of $10 on the price. If you can get the Nook ST for $30, that's no more than $40, which is a price hard (impossible?) to beat for an unused out-of-the-box e-reader.

In addition, I saw B&N selling the cases for about $10 a while back in-store. Not sure of the price now. Again, should be able to get a case for $10 or less.

The software is good. you can organize books and browse via file tree. Also it comes with Caecilia, an excellent font.
Register for an account via the web to register it. That way you need not enter credit card details when you turn it one. All you need is an email address.

N.B. Do not be tempted to get a lighted version. They are more expensive / not as good.

So my advice is, get a cheap Nook ST, stick a micro SD-card slot and you're good to go. I recommend getting a case.

Last edited by Rizla; 07-09-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote