View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #24132
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Where do you 'live?' Some folks live in the kitchen. Others live in the living room. Some never get further than their computer desks. Personally, I have my guitar next to my computer desk, my 'small tools' cabinet on the other side of the desk, and use the rest of the house for storage. Except for meals, "I" live at this work bench/computer desk. My wife's life is centered around her table too. In Japan, one usually doesn't entertain at home. You use restaurants for that, so the living room is almost non-functioning for us.

"We" would do very well with a large completely open floor space, with a kitchen on one side, and that's about it. Using moveable dividers when needed, we could create spaces as desired, without being locked into permanent 'rooms.' And dividers don't need to be actual walls; a couch and a couple of easy chairs around a coffee table becomes a living room. An open backed bookshelf becomes a wall, as does a hanging tapestry. At the same time, with the upper area of the room NOT blocked off, the feeling of space is created even in a small area.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote