View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #473
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Actually, no - the device rescans the book, rather than deleting it and requiring a recopy. And if the device were to compare those details before deleting the book from the database, it could do that.
What firmware are you using? 2.3.1, 2.3.2 and 2.4.0 will delete the changed book.

Edit:

I did the testing I should have done before. The device treats books on the SD card differently than in the main memory:

- In the main memory, if the size of the book changes, then the book and all details about it will be deleted. You then have to connect and put the book back onto the device.

- On the SD card, if the book changes size, the book is removed from the database and then added as a new book.

The fix I put into calibre a while ago to handle this is to update the file size in the database on the device. When I did this, the book in either type of memory was retained in the database with no change. It didn't lose the reading status or the shelves it was on.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-28-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Tested what happened with SD cards
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote