Thread: Touch 1.9.10 fix list please
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
It is to those who have encountered it (fortunately that's not me).

Hope that error hasn't inconvenienced you too much.

The tweaks seem mainly geared to formally launching multi-language versions. All menus and internals switch form one language to another as per your master settings. The same appears to be true of the Desktop application update.
I just hope that they were actually competent enough to correct it. It's a MAJOR PITA to factory reset BTW.

[EDIT]
...and I ONLY did so assuming that they actually started auditing their changes and actually corrected their bugs... for 1.9.10, couldn't give a rat's arse about non-English crap...
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
i.e. they've entirely lost already what few brownie points that they had previously gained with me by such a incompetent lack of diligence, especially given that Google has repeatedly posted about proper, i.e. "safe", file access(opening/closing) albeit wrt Android but it still applies to Kobo as well.

The article are buried on the code.google site somewhere, and also contributed their spur to changing the filesystem from ext3 to ext4 as an additonal "safeguard".
[/EDIT2]

[EDIT3]
I could've bought these bugs IF they were relying on Chinese devs for fw, but Canadians? (Maybe a couple of Americans?) Someone who runs the fw devs needs to be looking for a new job soonish... IMNHO!
[/EDIT3]

[EDIT4]
Actually now that I think of it it wasn't on code.google but on the Android dev Google blogs, and it sounded like some of their minor minions as well as 3rd party devs were transgressing on proper file/db management...
[/EDIT]

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 09-02-2011 at 11:10 PM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote