View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 07:38 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I have not a clue on how to upload fonts so I am sticking to the ones already there
I have no opinion on the poll as my favorite font is Google's Noto Serif. As for uploading a font to your Kobo, that is easy peasy.

Just create a folder called fonts and add your fonts to it.

Here is a fairly detailed walkthrough: How to add fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
How to add fonts

Fonts can be be very easily added to the Kobo family of eReaders. With the Kobo attached to your computer, create a new directory called fonts in the root directory of the device (the same location as the .kobo, .adobe-digital-editions and Digital Editions directories.

Once this directory has been created, simply copy entire font families into it.

A font family consists of four files; one each for Regular, Italic, Bold and BoldItalic.
Here's a link to Noto Serif, to give you a font to experiment with: Noto Serif (just click the purple Download TTF button). You'll download a .zip file. Double click on that and there will be four files: NotoSerif-Bold.ttf, NotoSerif-BoldItalic.ttf, NotoSerif-Italic.ttf and NotoSerif-Regular.ttf. Just dump those in the fonts folder and you're done.

Adding fonts to an ereader was one of Kobo's best selling points, before Amazon updated the Kindle to do the same.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote