View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 04:36 AM   #21
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Holly crap
For as long as I've been looking for a tool of this kind: Thank you very much.

Hum, a practical feature would be to add the suffix "-subset" to the processed file.

Attached, a request for help not necessarily in that place, but sincere:
Spoiler:
I didn't know anything about Python (but full of good will, not hesitating to get your hands on code) could you create a script based on your plugin or fontTools?
(I'll install whatever it takes)

The goal is a script that works with this command line:
SubsetScrip.py -f "Font 1" "Font 2" ... -r 16A0-16FF 046A 04DC
{ -f -font : Source Fonts files / -r -range : Unicode range of the subsets }

This command line will process Font 1, 2 etc. and extract the Unicode range 16A0 to 16FF as well as the characters 046A and 04DC
(and preferably, do not overwrite the source files but copies)

This may not be the right place to ask for this, but my request is desperate and your providential help because has long since given up hope of finding software that would do this

Last edited by un_pogaz; 11-21-2018 at 07:56 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote