View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
That Cyberus looks to have a thick form factor. What do you think of it Ellen? Is there access to an underlying OS? TXT and PDF only... Hrmm that could be a problem for many.
ColdSun,

I don't have the device, but it is on sale for $199.99 at Buy.com. I would like to try it, but I want it in the white and haven't been able to get it in that color. I think the OS is unable to add any additional software. I saw a video of it on Buy.com and also Youtube. I think the strong point is the the wifi and browsing. I just want one because I have a gadget addiction.
I also noticed that Sungale also sells a photo album/ereader that is cheaper, but no wifi as well as the other apps that are on the $200 one. http://www.buy.com/prod/sungale-7-ph...212317545.html
I have thought about getting that one since it is under $90. My hesitation is that it may turn out to be be like the Mibook. The text reader on that one is awful (IMHO). Also I am afraid that I will like it and wish that I had gotten the more full feature one.

I may go ahead and get the more expensive one eventhough it is black. That way I can pass it down to one of my kids.

As an aside, my 1060 shipped the other day and I shoud get it tomorrow! So I am really psyched about that.

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 11-18-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote