View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
I asked this over in the Astak forum but its equally relevant here and Leo is the one person who I'm sure actually knows some answers:

It appears to be possible to write programs directly for the Hanlin v3 and v5 (which are the same as the EZ Reader and Pocket Pro). (See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59191 for one such program.)

There are a bunch of obvious utilities it would be useful to have on the EZ Reader and the Pocket Pro. For example, a program that lets you select a file on the device or SD card and delete or rename it, or a program that lets you convert from one format to another. (While I'm wishing how about a port of the Calibre conversion tools!!)

I don't really know how realistic this is, or even in what language this stuff is written in. Do the v3 and v5 have a version of Python, for example?

Does anyone have any useful knowledge on how to do all this that they are willing to share?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote