View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #72
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Are there any particular steps to getting an illustration in a mobi book or things I need to check? Over the long weekend I worked on 4 different books with varying degrees of success. All four look fine in BD. The first one came out fine. The second one MobiCreator insists on replacing the author's picture with the cover art. The third looks fine in BD and as a web page but the art disappears in MobiCreator. The fourth one the art disappears when viewed as a web page. Any hints on where I am missing a step?
This clearly sounds like "The Mystery of the Missing Link" to me. Ya know, whenever Mobi creates a book, it creates its own folder in "My Publications" containing, in principle, all the files this book includes. But not all the images are moved to that same folder (Why you ask? Answer: Don't know). Result: Missing pics in the book.

Solution: When creating the file in BD or however you do it, just keep the source file and the images together. Then copy and paste the images to the new My Publications folder created by Creator after import of the source file. Bingo!

PS: If there is an error in finding the relative pics, Creator gives you the detailed info on where it looked for the images in its error messages. Just look at those to find the exact links if you have taken pics from outside your rootdirectory. You might have to change the more complex links (well, that shouldn't happen if you are consequent) with your associated editor to have them show up in the book.

So as a general rule, keep your images in an images folder in your root folder, then do a copy and paste to the My Publications folder.

PPS:You do not need your roots folder anymore once the ebook creation has been done as you can use the My Publication folder as the place where all your source files lie.

PPPS: Make sure you edit the html file in your MyPublications folder (not the one in the roots folder) when changing any pic links.

Sigh, it sounds more complicated than it really is. Honest!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-04-2008 at 06:54 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote