View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #35637
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I was just talking with my husband this afternoon. He is currently in Amsterdam, so I got to hear the thunderstorm in the background, actually! He was surprised at how quickly it ended, too.
Winter thunderstorms don't happen often, and instead of the rumbling thunderclaps you usually get during summer yesterdays thunderclaps were short and crisp cracks. Mind you, summer thunderstorms usually don't last long either 10-15 minutes, unless your around a bigger body of water where it can't get over and "bounces" back and forth.

We had great day yesterday. On the way there was hail, snow and rain but when we were in Antwerp we only had a 5 minute snow/hail shower and although it was cold the rest of the day was sunny. Unfortunately, it turns out that a lot of restaurants, cafés and small stores are not only closed on Monday but also on Tuesday, but we still had a great time visiting the Cathedral of Our Lady, which also houses some paintings of the closed Museum for Fine Arts. After that we went shopping, I bought a a pair of Timberland boat shoes (with nice thick soles). The trip back took us nearly 3.5 hours instead of 2.5 because each of the three trains we took was delayed.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote