View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Unless someone complains, of course, it will likely never be dealt with.
Even if someone complains, it will not be dealt with by Mastercard or Visa.

I filed a complaint against PayPal and its credit card with Visa, Mastercard, several of my credit card companies who stood to lose, and the NYS Attorney General. All of the latter told me I had to deal with Mastercard and Visa. I kept complaining to MC and V and finally I got a telephone call from someone at MC who told me ("off the record") that PayPal generates such high revenue for MC that I shouldn't expect anything to be done. The NYS AG was Spitzer at the time and that office told me they were focused on Wall Street wrongdoing.

My complaint against PayPal had to do with becoming verified. PayPal offered 2 ways to become verified: let them access your bank account or obtain a PayPal credit card. I didn't want either but needed the verification. I asked PayPal why its credit card would verify me but not my Amex card. "Because we do an exhaustive credit check." I laughed.

First, the PP cc is issued by GE not PP. Second, they guaranteed a decision in 30 seconds. How exhaustive could the check be in 30 seconds. Third, did they think Amex simply gave its cards to everyone?

In the end I got the PP cc because I needed the verification. Now about every 2 months I get a marketing call from PP wanting to know why I do not use the PP cc for PayPal purchases -- never have and never will. I usually respond that I'm still in the process of exhaustively reviewing PPs creditworthiness to determine if the cc is a reliable finding source.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote