View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #13
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Sorry, I was away for a while.

I've had a few sources of the image files for the DXG:
1. The backup image made on my other (regular) DXG with the "2.5.8 to 3.x update" script by Yifan Lu.
2. The 3.2.1 image from the torrent on, well, you know where. The file in that torrent is the result of the Yifan's script.
3. The per-partition backup of my DXG on the 3.2.1 firmware by the script written by xms here who also helped me alot answering my questions.

Here's the script from #3 if you just want to backup your own Kindle DXG to later write its files onto the Demo DXG:

PHP Code:
#!/bin/sh

# diff OTA patch script 

_FUNCTIONS=/etc/rc.d/functions
[ -${_FUNCTIONS} ] && . ${_FUNCTIONS}

MSG_SLLVL_D="debug"
MSG_SLLVL_I="info"
MSG_SLLVL_W="warn"
MSG_SLLVL_E="err"
MSG_SLLVL_C="crit"
MSG_SLNUM_D=0
MSG_SLNUM_I
=1
MSG_SLNUM_W
=2
MSG_SLNUM_E
=3
MSG_SLNUM_C
=4
MSG_CUR_LVL
=/var/local/system/syslog_level

logmsg
()
{

local _NVPAIRS
    local _FREETEXT
    local _MSG_SLLVL
    local _MSG_SLNUM

_MSG_LEVEL
=$1
    _MSG_COMP
=$2

{ [ $# -ge 4 ] && _NVPAIRS=$3 && shift ; }

_FREETEXT=$3

eval _MSG_SLLVL=\${MSG_SLLVL_$_MSG_LEVEL}
    eval 
_MSG_SLNUM=\${MSG_SLNUM_$_MSG_LEVEL}

local _CURLVL

{ [ -f $MSG_CUR_LVL ] && _CURLVL=`cat $MSG_CUR_LVL` ; } || _CURLVL=1

if [ $_MSG_SLNUM -ge $_CURLVL ]; then

/usr/bin/logger -p local4.$_MSG_SLLVL -"ota_install" "$_MSG_LEVEL def:$_MSG_COMP:$_NVPAIRS:$_FREETEXT"

fi

"$_MSG_LEVEL!= "D" ] && echo "ota_install: $_MSG_LEVEL def:$_MSG_COMP:$_NVPAIRS:$_FREETEXT"
}

if [ -
"${_PERCENT_COMPLETE}]; then
    export _PERCENT_COMPLETE
=0
fi

update_percent_complete
()
{

_PERCENT_COMPLETE=$((${_PERCENT_COMPLETE} + $1))

update_progressbar ${_PERCENT_COMPLETE}
}

update_percent_complete 10

dd 
if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/mnt/us/mmcblk0_7688.dmp bs=512 count=7688
update_percent_complete 20
dd 
if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 of=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.dmp
update_percent_complete 70
dd 
if=/dev/mmcblk0p2 of=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p2.dmp
update_percent_complete 90
dd 
if=/dev/mmcblk0p3 of=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p3.dmp
update_progressbar 100

return 

xms was nice enough to build the .bin-file you can run on your jailbroken kindle dxg to back it up, which I'm also attaching below. To restore those on the Demo DXG you need to get root and then swap if/of in the lines above. I only did it for the first two dd commands (kernel and root partition).
Attached Files
File Type: bin updatedxG.bin (1.2 KB, 721 views)

Last edited by stangri; 09-11-2012 at 12:03 AM.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote