View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #262
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamselene View Post
Turns out it will display more than 3 fonts, as long as they all start with A-G. In one case I actually got it to display part of an I name (ITC Berkeley) after the builtin H names, so it seems to be indexing them, but has a very strange idea about what to display.
Alt fonts' names are displayed in one horizontal line in Aa window, so width of this line is a limiter for number of displayed fonts. I guess, if you'll give one-letter names (A to G) to your fonts' typefaces, you'll see more than 3-4 alt fonts in the Aa window.

Also, fonts' names are displayed in alphabetical order, aren't they? Does your case with ITC Berkeley contradicts with this observation?

All fonts in the /mnt/us/fonts are available in system after refreshing Fontconfig cache (i.e. ;fc-cache), so fonts with typface name starting from I-Z are "hidden" (i.e. displayed out of bounds of Aa window) only because of alphabetical order of displaying and not so wide single horizontal list "line".

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamselene View Post
Overall, this strikes me as a very crufty and possibly unintentional hack. But hey, it works. Mostly.
This way isn't hack at all. It's a "stock feature". I mean, it was intentionally implemented by Amazon programmers, I've just discovered it.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote