View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugenberg View Post
Have you successfully downloaded a file with the browser?
No, it doesn't download unfortunately. I haven't had time to look into it in more detail yet, so I don't know if the browser just isn't capable of downloading files, or just trying to put it into a location that can't be written to, or what.

Quote:
It appears that a download from google bookstore is a bit different than a normal file link.
At least for the Adobe DRM files I think it's not the browser but the Adobe app on the reader doing the downloading actually. I haven't tested as I've never purchased / downloaded a book through the store.

Even if the browser doesn't support downloads, it could still be done with a CGI script, selectable from the Web Portal. Only problem is that someone would have to write such a CGI script that handles listing calibre server contents and downloads. Ability to search for specific books and bulk download would be up to the CGI script as well.

Only problem with this approach is that making such a CGI script is quite a lot of effort, especially if it has to be done in shell or C... any volunteers? Cause personally I'm just happy with putting all books on my reader through USB.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote