View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Image captions --- how to keep with image?

Finally got free time while the library is open, so I can post!

I have been compiling illustrated ePubs, and it seems like the only way I can be sure the caption doesn't get orphaned on a new page is to make it part of the actual image. Sadly, on my Sony reader, the text looks rather degraded (I'm using PNG images, but assume the reader converts to JPEG.)

I would be so happy to learn of a way to make a text caption always stay with the image --- I have tried putting both in a DIV with pagebreak-inside: avoid, but haven't had 100% success.

Does anyone have a better method to suggest?

Thanks for any input.

gG
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote