View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #23
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
I heartily recommend that any Vox owner that does not already have a Touch, grab one at the Indigo $119.99 sale price, and also pick up a sale price Touch cover. You will NOT be buying in redundancy. Own it for a day (the Touch) and you will see the wisdom of having the two techs side-by-side.
People always ask me about whichever "eReader" I have - first my nook and now my Vox. And I seem to have become the go-to person when friends/acquaintances decide to get an eReader. Of course, they ask what they should get.

I very rarely suggest a Vox as an introductory eReader. I ask the questions: "Is this your first eReader? Are you transitioning from paper books to electronic? Do you have a smartphone/tablet already?". I am convinced that a tablet-type reader isn't the best first step into the eReading world - especially because of the potential eye-strain. An e-ink reader is such an easy transition from paper to screen!

That being said, now that I have my Vox, I haven't touched my Nook (original). I think it would be different if I had a Kobo that easily shared my books and bookmarks, but when I wanted an eReader, the Kobo hadn't even released yet! Hard to believe that was only two years ago...
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote