View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
Drained battery once... then problems begin

For the Kobo team

Interesting observation which might have the answer to why our experiences vary so much.
I did not turn on my unit when I first got it home until it had charged over night. Since then it had none of the sleep/wake or connectivity or freeze issues that others had UNTIL I tested to see how long it would go in sleep mode.
It went the first 12 hours with small battery change then somewhere in the next 10 hours it died in sleep mode.
Since then I have experienced all the problems mentioned above. Freezings seem to be due to not realizing it had no wifi and trying to launch the browser.

It would seem that when restarting from a dead sleep mode there is file corruption from an ungraceful restart.
Is it possible that Android does not have a self check sequence for this condition???
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote