View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
From my perspective the issue is I didn't mix them. My source document was all unicode. Sigil decided to convert them to entities on a flow by flow basis, and created the mix. I don't think it's unreasonable for end users to write search and replace expressions against what Sigil shows them and expect them to work - with the current functionality you'll never find a unicode em/en dash because the act of rendering it in code view will change it to an entity. IMHO if Sigil is going to change stuff it should do it throughout the document so that it's uniform... ( based on your response it does make this uniform on file save, but what I'm saying is it should be made uniform on file open)

I personally won't run into the issue again because I'm now fully versed on the quirk, but this seems like a support issue to me, which is why I highlighted it.

Last edited by ldolse; 10-19-2011 at 03:51 PM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote