View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
Question Using B&N account *and* side-loaded content

I just added a Nook wi-fi to my collection of devices. I have about 400 books on my PC, where I manage them with Calibre. I also have a dozen or so books in my B&N account, and when I linked it to the device, they all came in via the wi-fi, neat as you please. And I tested side-loading by pulling in four books from my Calibre database. But I have two problems with this.

1. The books I side loaded are in a folder called My Documents, but the books that came from my B&N account are in a folder called My B&N Library.

2. The same books that are in my B&N account, are also in Calibre, because I put them there when I bought them. So if I just side load everything, I'll have duplicates. It seems awfully nuisancy to pick and choose only the things that don't come from my B&N account - I suppose I could make a tag for that but it seems kinda silly.

How can I consolidate this to one list? Right now I'm thinking I could just load them all from Calibre, and keep the B&N library empty.

Then later, if I purchase something from B&N's store, from the Nook's wi-fi, I can come back to my PC when I get home, and download it again to store it in Calibre.

Can I make my B&N account not load everything from my account onto my Nook whenever I turn on the wi-fi, and only load the things I just bought, until I get home to my PC and can synch with Calibre? Is there any way to clear that folder without taking the books out of my B&N account? I kinda like knowing they're out there, just in case, so i don't really want to nuke them from the account.

For now I have it in airplane mode to keep it off the wi-fi, until I come up with a plan to control it better.

Thanks!
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote