View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #69
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
With a fast internet connection the speed of opening uncached pages looks reasonable on the Fire. It sure does not look impossible. As to why the speed difference? I am not sure.
I've got high-speed Internet, I know my Fire doesn't open uncached web pages as fast as the Fire demonstrated in the Youtube video. After I've been to a site, yes — but if it's a new site, no. I also know that my Fire runs like a snail on the Internet for a while after I've turned off Airplane Mode. It's like it's catching with all the "news" it wanted to share with Amazon while its communication ties were cut. So maybe the Nook was doing something like that as well.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote