View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #27
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek87 View Post
thanks for this info. that is really helpful.

hopefully they have "cracked" this problem.

how is color uniformity from top to bottom? that is one area where the Oasis, and the Voyage i tried out a couple of years ago struggled: the color goes from white to yellow moving away from the LEDs.
Well, on mine it seems fine and smooth on light distribution. I honestly can't tell where the lights are coming from. I know many said they were moving the Paperwhite lights to the top instead of the bottom with this release, but now some who have it in their hands say it's actually still at the bottom. I haven't seen any inconsistencies in color range from top to bottom

These devices seem to be your mileage varies with screen and lighting though. My issue is the screen itself more than the lighting. Since we all read in different situations, what bugs one user may not affect another though.

What device do you currently use?
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote