View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:05 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sternbyname View Post
1. Describing someone as 'sloppy' is hostile. It is also nonsense - deleting an old version of a book and adding a new means the tags match the new version of the book (publisher, description, cover etc). You want to keep the tags from the old book then drag and drop. You want the new then delete and add. Calibre works perfectly either way. Nothing 'sloppy' about either, and no need to order other people to do what you do. CC Wireless Sync unfortunately fails with the delete-and-add, changing the tags but not the epub. But all of this is to do with the Wireless Sync bug report anyway, not this feature request.
2. This post is for is a feature request which is completely separate from my bug report. To clarify, I'm requesting a 'Wireless Sync All' convenience function which would ensure the CC library matched the Calibre one. I think to achieve this it would need to do three things:
* Sync any current books - which Wireless Sync does now.
* Add any new books - which you can do for instance with the Content Server > Upload All.
* Delete any orphaned books, ie books in CC which have been deleted for whatever reason in Calibre.
3. This is a feature request, that's all. I'm a developer myself, I know that some features get done, some don't, depending on how useful they will be and how easy they are to do. That's fine. Just don't flame me for requesting it.
You are like a 2 year old who does not get his way and smashes his toys on the wall.
You also probably drive the other way on one-way streets because that is what you want to do.

ANY Software has a 'by design' work flow and update process.
You chose to invent your own process that was not supported by the code. (And there is very good reasons for the way it works. Some folk want to KEEP both versions in their Library)