View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #13
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I think piracy will hardly be noticed.
eg: On bittorrent or P2P networks people generally don't download small (sub MP3 sized, or sub 2Mb)files.

Also the file extension isn't really known. If the books where published in pdf or doc format they would be downloaded more than eg LRX, LRF, or PRC/inf or other ebook formats.

I mean, that would be my opinion on it.
then there's the fact that childeren of my age (born in the seventies and eighties) generally where found behind the television instead of behind a book.
And those who went to libraries generally came out with comic books rather than regular books (that includes myself).

I bet the next generation of e-ink devices will bring a much greater difference!
The plastic logics reader able to display powerpoint presentations, and it's ability to show comic books in near to full comicbook paper size!
Also it's better PDF support.

Then there's the thought of color e-ink displays (White, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta, Black particles instead of B/W), or bringing a TFT layer over a white semi reflecting background instead of a backlit one.

I think these 'gadgets' when on the market will bring a large boost in the market too!

Then there's the economical crisis, which works both ways.
One way, people are working harder to keep their jobs, and keep their company from going under, and the other way are the people who just lost a job, searching for a job, and in their free time start searching for entertainment if no job was found, to get back into the market as soon as things stabilize a bit.

I think piracy has little to do with the ebook sales (it'll make 1, 2 or at most 5% difference I think).
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote