View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #24
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
It's easy if you know there's a reason to run such a program. But if I were to download The Three Musketeers (for instance) from here, I'd assume that it was the same text as on Project Gutenberg. I could easily check that it was, of course, but I wouldn't actually bother to check unless I had reason to believe that it was necessary.
Exactly. And when we compare two or three or however many digital versions, which one do we assume is the correct one?