View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #17
SleepyBob
Evangelist
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Editions change:
PC rules, Government regulation (editorial censorship). Corrected of text errors, file corruption (new data errors )

How did you know if your paper edition was un-modified?

Just because it was PRINTED does not mean what you see was what the AUTHOR originally wrote.
Right, but once I buy a paper edition, it's not likely to change. With ebooks, this is a real risk. Fixing typos may not be a big deal, but what if an author reworked a significant portion of their book and pushed it through as the same title instead of a new edition?

A running book might update a table of miles to run for a training plan, making it easier for newer runners, but I liked the old table better. Unless I never re-download the book, the new table could slip in without me ever realizing it.