View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Some interesting stuff there, and also some very stupid assumptions.

Quote:
Nobody is ever going to read Tolstoy on this fatuous device. It's an electronic simulation of a page, but it'll never convince you it's a book, to be read by your sentient eyes and brain. It doesn't have the solidity, the pages, the tactile companionship of a book.
Everyone has a right to prefer a physical book to an electronic one. But assuming that because this particular writer doesn't like the feel of an e-book means that no-one will ever read Tolstoy using it... that is not only stupid but also insulting

By the way, since I bought my Cybook I started reading Proust for the first time. Of course I could have done it any time, but it just happens that I saw it as a free download and finally decided to give it a try. And I'm loving it, tactile companionship or not.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote