View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 06:01 AM   #1
peter68
peter68 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max Carta 2
Max2 as a writing tool

I use my Max2 not only to read ebooks, but for writing to. I can write long documents (a) without the typical notebook fan noise and (b) without burning my eyes. This helps a lot focusing on what you are writing.

I use a USB keyboard connected through an OTG cable. I switch to A2 mode, that gives less ghost effect and it seems faster. I have installed IAWriter, so that I can format the text in markdown without using the mouse, and I can use it along with dropbox to synchronize with my computer.

The only problem is an annoying delay while typing. It's really short, but since I type quite fast, I can detect typing errors only after I have typed 4-5 new characters. So, I must go back with my cursor and correct typos, rather than simply deleting the last character.

Do you think that this could be improved using a writing app specifically designed for e-ink devices? Is the problem due to the fact that apps on Google Play store are not optimized for e-ink?
Do you know of any text-editor or markdown editor optimized for these devices?

I am interested in sharing your experience as a document writer on Max2. I see a great value in this device as a writing tool.
peter68 is offline   Reply With Quote