View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 05:57 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
I liked his Son of the Black Sword but none of the Monster Hunt books really grabbed me so I stopped reading them.
Have you tried his Dead Six series?

I find that most of the time, I tend not to like books where authors are writing in someone else's universe. Sometimes it works, but more often than not, the reason that I like a series isn't the world building, it's the author. When I think of some of the more successful franchises, such as Star Wars or Star Trek, they tend to start in other media and then authors use that back ground to set books. Trying to capture the feel of another author is difficult.

Last edited by pwalker8; 08-14-2019 at 06:08 AM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote