View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #8
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
It seems a mistake to me, 4:3 won't really help for webpages given the way most sites seem designed these days, but as you mention for movies the black bars are going to seriously suck.
Huh?!

What on Earth do you mean by "the way most sites seem designed these days" and how does it make 4:3 a mistake?

Also, while 16x9 may be a good compromise for movies and TVs, as well as for cheap LCD monitors, I am not certain it's the best format for a tablet, particularly for one aimed at web browsing, ebooks and photos.

Finally, I still get black bars on my 16x9 plasma, and I don't think "it seriously sucks." Sometimes they are even vertical....
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote