View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #464
guitarchitect
guitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud ofguitarchitect has much to be proud of

Device: kobo aura hd... maybe
I picked up a Kobo Aura HD today at Indigo - so far, I'm smitten! It's great. I like it a lot more than I thought I would for reading. It won't replace the real deal for many books that I have (large architecture monographs, for example) but this seems to be a solid way forward for general reading!

I guess I got lucky, as I haven't yet experienced any issues that appear to plague other devices (dead pixels, creaking, rattling). Knock on wood, obviously... but right now I'm very glad that I made the decision.

My only wish is that purchasing a physical copy of a book would get you a free ebook as well - I do love to have a real copy of the books I read so that I can lend out my favorites to friends and family, or just pass them along for others to enjoy. So for now, I am finding ebooks of everything I own through other means, and will continue to purchase real copies of books and seek out the ebooks the same way. I'm interested to see if the BitLit system gains any traction through the end of the year... apparently a number of publishers are taking it live throughout the summer
guitarchitect is offline   Reply With Quote