View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #757
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Risky (at least potentially). I have used this Russian OPDS feed in Marvin, and it's great, a thousand times better, more professionally organized than, say, the Project Gutenberg or FeedBooks catalogs, but...

I mostly read copyright-free Russian classics like my beloved Tolstoy and Chekhov, so I'm no expert in this field, but the Moon+ Reader articles mention the writer Daria Dontsova (Дарья Донцова) as one of the allegedly injured parties in all this, and the OPDS catalog in Marvin does offer 2 of her books for download, so... I don't wish to ring any false alarms, but if you prefer to stay on the safe side, Kris, you might want to reconsider. After all, Marvin users can easily add any OPDS catalog links on their own -- it's not strictly necessary to preinstall them.

Good point, you can find free opds feeds here:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/OPDS..._OPDS_Catalogs