Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #178
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Aside from the categories discussion, I'd like to propose this for next year: multiple choice voting.

Someone else mentioned it last year, and it was a great idea, but it was proposed too late I think after too many other similar things were already under discussion and voting. I think it would open up the voting and make it more fun, and make the results truer. Because say now there are a few books in the top ten that you'd love to read, you must decide on only one to vote for, whereas with multiple choice you can support all the ones you're interested in. Also, now the way it works, it's possible to end up with a top two where for example say 20% are interested in one book and 80% are not, 20% are interested in another and 80% are not, while a book that everyone is interested in reading gets 0% because it was no one's very top choice out of the ten. I know I've personally had many months where I'd be more than happy to read multiple nominations but could only support one.

And if we don't like it, we can always change it back the next year...but I would wager that we'd like it.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote