View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Issue with Hide Margins on .pdf reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Here the new release of the firmware

for Onyx Boox i62HD

UPD. July 18th
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Up...e-20120717.zip
The metadata pre-fetching has been put background, that will not interfere the UI. And the setting for displaying file name or book title in three views was added too.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Up...e-20120626.zip

Made some improvements in the software and bigger icons on status bar (for more comfortable finger navigation)
I'm using the latest version 1.7 20120717 firmware on my i62HD.

I make extensive use of .pdf files and use the .pdf reader a lot. On my M92 I'm able to use the "Hide Margin" feature without any problems. On the i62HD what happens is when the "Hide Margin" feature is selected either the program terminates and goes back to the file explorer or the page is properly cropped, but the page layout is changed from single page to scrolling pages mode. To correct this problem I have to go back and reselect the single page mode. It's sort of flakey. I've also looked at the .pdf reader beta and am still evaluating it since I don't know if it has all the same features or if they are in the same places as the current .pdf reader.

Please note my M92 was purchased from a US Onyx Distributor and it's running a firmware update (1.7 20120626, don't confuse with your June 2012 version) that I received from the European Onyx Distributor.

Please advise on trouble shooting. Should I try your 1.7 20120726 on my M92 to see if there is the same problem? If so, could I reinstall an earlier firmware release if your M92 version has the same .pdf reader issue?
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote