View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #2252
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm willing to bet that costs more than a nickle-98. It's a show-stopper for sure, but I would want one. It looks unwieldy and uncomfortable.
US$55k. I agree it does look uncomfortable and unwieldy. It may be more stable at higher speeds. I think they are riding it slow for the camera.

More information:
Quote:
The new version of the Tron Lightcycle is powered by an electric motor. The bike has no combustion engine and is said to be good for a top speed of 100 mph. The bike you see here has the glowing blue lines. However, it lacks the neck snapping agility of the movie bikes and doesn’t trial a blue wall to destroy bikes behind it.

The batteries under that awesome bike bodywork are lithium-ion based and can run for an hour at a time and the battery recharges in 35 minutes.
Can only run 1 hour before a recharge!

There are a few frames of it at higher travelling speeds in this clip:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Call me when they come out with the Fusion-powered Stealth motorcycle. This one looks as if it can't get out of its own way. Looking at the riding position, one would need to wear a steel cup for anything more than a trip to the corner market!

Stitchawl
Maybe a soft fluffy pillow would be better protection. Not sure if that is the image they are going for.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote