View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #18
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There may be another difference. In Palm based products there is typically a limit to images of 64K bytes and in MobiPocket devices that are not running on Palms the images can be larger. The limit of 64K may no longer be true of Palm's either but was true in the recent past.

Dale

It's pretty easy to make all the images less than 64kb. That shouldn't be a problem. But it seems Palm devices also have a limit on total file size, so that if a file had a lot of images, it could be too large for a Palm device. (This according to error messages I've gotten from mobi creator.)

Assuming there is a good reason for having two versions, dare I say . . . it'd be nice to have an explanation of the difference and why someone would choose one over the other.

edit:
Maybe I'm not being as clear as I think I am. I am not asking an explanation from anyone here. I'm just stating an opinion that it would be good if fictionwise explained the difference in the two prc files they offer, and the three pdb files they offer, and explained in what situations a person would choose which. I wrote and asked the difference between the two prc file types. They didn't write back, yet.

Last edited by cmbs; 04-11-2008 at 08:17 PM.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote