View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #104
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
I like the idea of configuring the plugin with the auth credentials and saving people that step as well.
I am a bit confused.

Assume that my server has a link that will download the components of a book in some container type (zip with a new extension?). How does the user see that link? If from within a browser, then clicking on the link will download the file, as credentials have already been provided. However, the user would need to import that file into calibre (drag & drop would be easiest), which is what I think you are trying to avoid.

Are you considering writing a plugin that acts as a 'sort-of' web browser in a way similar to get-books? The user would search for books and be presented with a set of candidates, along with a download button? In this case, we don't need a new extension, because the plugin can handle the download directly.

I imagine that one could make a 'calibre importer' application that could be associated with an extension in a browser. The application would mimic drag & drop (or something like that). I don't have much of a clue how to write such a thing.
Quote:
A single format in the bundle probably makes the most sense, but bundling the formats might be better from an interface design perspective (just one link).
That was my thought. However, depending on the UI (web browser or plugin), the answer could be different.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote