View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I just finished a first novel and came away with a much greater appreciation for the craft of acting and the process of getting in character. I never understood what actors meant by that, but now I think I do.

It is hard to put into words the process of getting into the head of fictional characters you have created. When it works, the plot flows to some extent from the dynamics of the characters rather than fitting the characters to the plot. Certain scenes existed not because I had planned them, but because it just seemed like that's how so-and-so would have to react to what had just happened. To that extent, I think my book became "truer" as it progressed. Don't know if that makes any sense.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote