kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
So you're telling us that you get the
Error too?

Does your error also happen because, like the Kobo, the Pocket302 stops communicating after it enters sleep mode, say after about 15 minutes?

I have to try this with my Jetbook Lite tomorrow night and see if I can replicate this error.
Yep - I get that error 99% of the time. My exact report is

ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device
(13, 'Permission denied')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 68, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 282, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 164, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 303, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 301, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'F:\\metadata.calibre'

The Pocketbook 302 does not have a sleep mode as far as I know. Certainly not when you are communicating with it. When the USB cable is plugged in the PB302 has the USB Active icon flashing the whole time. So no - no sleep mode.

This report was from v0.7.13. I can connect to my PB302 from v0.7.6, and it works perfectly. In fact, I just did it a few seconds ago to check. This is pointing to exactly the same calibre library paths in both versions. ie I have 0.7.6 in a VMware system pointing to a path on the host. On the host system I have 0.7.13 pointing to the self same path.

In fact, 0.7.6 works very well. It is what I always use. No version since then works with my PB302 - because of this problem.

Last edited by kgn; 08-09-2010 at 03:30 AM.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote